I came across this recipe yesterday, and I couldn't wait to try it. Not only did it sound pretty easy (and tasty), but it's the perfect thing to munch on during a football game, even if it is only preseason. Thanks to my friend Jan for this recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- ¾ cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot®)
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
- Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
You could also make this with freshly cooked chicken instead of canned, but there are enough other flavors that it doesn't taste like canned chicken at all.