Inspired by the success of my pressure cooker turkey casserole, I was sitting at work this afternoon and thinking that I'd like something similar, but with Thai flavors, ground chicken, different vegetables...once I put it all together, I realized it was basically a completely different recipe that shared a cooking method, so I figured I'd post it here for future reference.
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- 1-2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup plus 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- Chili garlic paste, to taste
- Melt coconut oil and saute chicken in pressure cooker over medium heat until slightly browned. Add onion and cook, stirring ocassionally, until translucent.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sugar, fish sauce, rice vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of water. Adjust proportions to your taste.
- Add vegetables, quinoa, coconut milk, remaining water, and sauce. Stir to mix everything together, then close pressure cooker and bring to high pressure.
- Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure and remove lid.
- Stir in chili garlic paste. If mixture is still a little soupy, let sit for 5-10 minutes so quinoa can absorb more liquid.
- Serve and enjoy!
I might try lime juice in place of the rice vinegar next time for a slightly different variety, but this was pretty darn good.