My friend Chris has been tinkering with this recipe for about a month, and I finally convinced him to give me the recipe. This is actually the second time I've made it this week. The first time, we devoured it too fast for me to take a picture. This is a super easy recipe that somehow is way more delicious than it has any right to be. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons (1T + 1t) honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1½ Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- In a large pot, cook quinoa in water or stock for 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add corn, chickpeas, and beans.
- Mix lime, honey, salt and cumin and then slowly whisk in oil to make dressing.
- Mix in cilantro and chipotle to dressing.
- Add dressing to pot, mix and serve!
I left out the cilantro, because we're not big fans of it in our house. Things we've mixed in or want to mix in: plain yogurt, shredded carrots, diced tomatoes, chopped chicken.
Total calories: 1599
Total carbs: 220g
Total fat: 21g
Total protein: 10g