A few days ago, my friend Elizabeth posted this recipe on Facebook. She said she had made it several times before with different spice variations and loved it because it was simple and good. I haven't cooked much with shrimp in the past, and I'm not quite sure why. I'm not sure how to cook it is probably part of it, so I cook other things instead. This recipe really is idiot-proof though, and the results were delicious. I'll definitely make it again, maybe with the spices recommended in the original recipe.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 pounds broccoli florets
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil, separated
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a large cookie sheet, toss together broccoli and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Lightly sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Spread into single layer and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss together shrimp, lemon zest, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp to broccoli and carefully toss. Place back in oven for 10 minutes, tossing once halfway through, or until broccoli is tender and brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and serve!
I served this on top of some vermicelli noodles I had laying around, but it would also be great on rice or by itself.