I got a vertical rotisserie as a Chanukah gift, and I've used it several times, but I keep forgetting to take a picture. There's really not much of a recipe for this one, but it produces a fantastic chicken.
- 1 chicken (4-5 pounds)
- 1 cup coarse salt
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Low sodium seasoning of choice (I used Tuscan Sunset from penzeys.com)
- Dissolve salt in water in a large stockpot.
- Rinse off chicken and add to salt water. If the water doesn't cover the chicken, add more water until it is completely covered.
- Let chicken brine for 3-4 hours. Drain chicken, rinse, and pat dry.
- Rub olive oil all over the chicken. Shake seasoning on until evenly covered.
- Place chicken in rotisserie at 400F for 1 hour 15 minutes. Check temperature after 1 hour. Cook until interior temperature is 155F.
- Remove chicken from rotisserie and let sit for 5 minutes. Cut into pieces, serve and enjoy!
You can use just about any seasoning you can think of for this. So far, I've used jerk seasoning, Italian seasoning, curry powder, and a simple salt and pepper mix. You don't need much salt because the brine will make the meat salty enough without extra salt in the seasoning.