I wasn't initially going to blog this, because it didn't have a recipe and was completely thrown together, but it turned out better than expected so I figured I'd throw it up here. Enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 24 ounces chicken stock
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 dried ancho chili peppers, washed and stemmed (keep the seeds), chopped
- 3 chipotle chili peppers in adobo, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Chili powder
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Add ground turkey to the pan and cook until all the pink is gone. Season generously with chili powder.
- Add all ingredients except tomato paste to crockpot. Mix well and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Add tomato paste, mix well, and cook for an additional hour.
- Season to taste with chili powder and salt. Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.
I thought this would be spicier than it was. I'll probably add more chipotles next time.