No picture today, but there's not technically a recipe either, so I guess it all balances out. I opened the refrigerator today and realized I had some chicken breasts that I had bought but I wasn't sure what to do with them. I decided to make pasta and chicken. I didn't measure out any of the spices, but here's the general gist.
Italian Chicken and Tortellini
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 bag Bertolli tortellini (I used Spinach and Cheese)
- Olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Balsamic vinegar
- Italian herbs (I used this blend)
- Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces. Put in ziploc bag and season with Italian herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop bacon into small pieces. Cook in large pan over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels.
- Add garlic to bacon drippings in pan. Cook for about 1 minute, then add about 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add undrained tomatoes and bacon and stir until warm. Add chicken and sauce to pot with tortellini. Add 2-3 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste.
For having no recipe, this was probably the best thing I've cooked this week. Which means, of course, I'll never quite be able to recreate it.