A friend of mine suggested this recipe, so I gave it a whirl! It's not like any burger I've ever tried, but it was really good. The flavor of the lemon grass really shines through. I slightly modified the recipe from the link I originally received, which was here.
- 1 pound ground buffalo (or lean ground beef)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon grass, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1 heaping teaspoon dried basil)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or 1 red chili pepper, seeded and minced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together bread crumbs, lemon grass, shallot, cayenne pepper, and peanuts. Season with salt and pepper. Taste mixture and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Add ground buffalo, and mix well. Form into patties.
- Lightly oil grate, and place burgers on grill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill, and sprinkle burgers with lime juice.
I'd like to try this again, with chopped Thai chili pepper instead of cayenne, but overall this was a pretty simple and very tasty recipe.