I posted on a message board the other day and asked people for some of their tried and true healthy recipes. I didn't get many replies, but I did get one that sounded too easy not to try. No pictures this time, but I'll try to rectify that the next time I make this simple and tasty dish.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 package low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 crown broccoli, chopped small
- 1 handful baby carrots, chopped small
- Brown the ground turkey in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add carrots, broccoli, diced tomatoes, and 1/3 cup water. Cover and let steam for 2-3 minutes, or until broccoli is slightly tender.
- Add taco seasoning, mix well, and serve!
I'll probably try this with ground buffalo next time, and I'll also probably add a chopped onion. Still very tasty though, and a simple healthy meal that you can throw together without spending much time in the kitchen.