Just a quick post to share this salad dressing recipe. Made another "big ol' salad" for dinner tonight, and this dressing finished it off nicely.
Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 Tablespoons cold water
- 6-8 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 Tablespoon each of salt and black pepper
- Optional: 1/4 - 1/2 Tablespoon herbs such as dill or basil
- Warm vinegar and honey in microwave for 20 seconds or more until honey dissolves in vinegar.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk well.
- Shake vigorously after pouring into a bottle and chill before serving.
I usually put the vinegar and honey in a glass jar, heat them, then add everything to the jar and just shake it until everything is mixed together. I also usually don't bother chilling this before serving.