My grandfather suffered from congestive heart failure this morning and is in the hospital now. He's been on a gradual decline for a while now, but it's still always sad when a relative is in the hospital. Our thoughts and prayers will be with him.
My MCMAP training is complete (for now). I passed my gray belt test at my last drill weekend, so for now I have my mornings back!
I'm running in the DC Cherry Blossom 10-miler this Sunday, should be a fun race. Last year, it poured down rain for 2 days before the race, then it was cold and windy the morning of the race. The registration tent was in the middle of a big grassy field, which had turned completely to mud by the time I dropped my stuff off. Starting a 10-mile run with mud-soaked shoes is never a fun thing to do. This year, the forecast is for no rain and warmer weather.
We started house hunting about 2 months ago. We want to stay in Columbia if possible, which means single-family homes are out of the question for us. The cheapest single-family homes are around $400,000, which is a bit more than we'd like to spend. We have looked at a bunch of places, and we've basically decided that there is one condo complex that we would really like to live in. Every unit that we've looked at there has been really nicely laid out. We put a backup offer on one place towards the beginning of the process, then we put an offer on another one 2 weeks ago. The owner of the 2nd place lives overseas now, and apparently thinks that her place is worth more than it is. It had been on the market for 75 days when we put our offer on it, but she said no thanks. We decided to wait a little while to see what happened with the backup offer (we had been told we'd know by the end of March). Yesterday, I got an e-mail from our agent saying that the primary offer person is still having issues getting the loan paperwork together, and if he doesn't have it by 8:00 Friday morning, they would like to take our offer. We're keeping our fingers crossed, we really like the place a lot. It has new carpet, new appliances, and we could move in right away if we wanted to (although we'll probably wait a little while, so we can replace some windows and maybe the kitchen cabinets and counters). Hopefully, within the next 24 hours we'll know what's going on.
Work is completely crazy, but I'll post more about that in a week or two. Things are too crazy right now.
Not much else to post about right now, I'll try to be better about updating!